Get the best electronic digital calipers for measurements
Calipers are measurement instruments used for high precision measurement of small dimensions like small wooden or metal objects. They are often used in school/college science labs, in diy projects and by professionals in industry.
Electronic Digital Calipers are a new generation of calipers that show the measurement reading directly on an lcd screen, so you don’t have to check the scale manually. Digital calipers are commonly used in various industries related to metal-working, mechanical engineering, machining, carpentry.
In this post we take a look at some of the best selling digital calipers that are there in the market.
The overview should help you decide and pickup the best digital caliper for your needs and within your budget. So read on.
1. Neiko 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper with Extra Large LCD Screen
The Neiko 01407A is a powerful electronic digial caliper that measures dimensions with great accuracy to the limit of .001 inches. It has an extra large LCD display that displays the exact internal and external measurements. It supports displaying data in multiple formats including inches, millimeters and fractions. Has a fine position lock for perfect measurement. Comes with 2 long-life batteries, and turns off automatically when not used.
- Change between three measuring modes inch, fractions, millimeter at the press of a button
- Measurement Range is 0- 6″ and 0 – 150mm. Resolution upto 0.0005″ / 1/128″ / 0.01mm. Accuracy upto 0.001″ / 0.02mm
- Finely polished stainless steel frame with knurled thumb roller and locking screw ensure smooth sliding and accurate positioning in use
- Measure inside, outside, depth and step with two sets of jaws and the probe
- Extra large LCD screen for easy and clear reading
- Extra replacement LR44 battery along with one battery included and custom fit storage case included for better value
2. iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper 0-6″ Display
The iGaging caliper is a premium high quality professional grade tool for precision measurements. It has a large lcd display and shows measurements in upto 4 decimal digits for very high accuracy.
This caliper offers IP54 resistance protection so it is protected against dust, splash water and oil. Makes it a very ideal tool for professionals users who need perfect measurements with high accuracy.
- Easy to read super large display of size 2-3/8″x7/8″
- IP54 protection – water splash, oil and dust resistant
- Made of Hardened stainless steel
- Precision lapping finish
- Measurement Range – 0-6″
- Accuracy upto 0.001″
- Repeatability: 0.0005″
- Resolution: 0.0005″/0.01mm/1/128″
3. VINCA DCLA-0605 High Quality Electronic Digital Caliper
The Vinca DCLA-0605 is a good quality low priced digital caliper. It is ideal for home diy projects as well as professional measuring tasks. The measurement range is 0-6 inch/150mm. Its accuracy is ±0.001″/0.02mm and Repeatability is 0.0005″/0.01mm. The resolution is 0.0005″/0.01mm, 1/128″.
The max Measuring Speed that allowed is 120″ per second. It has a large LCD screen (13mm x 38mm) which displays measurement data in Inch/Metric/Fractions. Comes with two 1.5V, LR44 batteries.
It turns off automatically, if not used for about 5-7 minutes. Comes with 1 year warranty.
- Made of high quality stainless steel
- Shows measurements in inch/metric/fraction<
- Measure Range: 0-6 inches/150mm
- Accuracy: ±0.001″/0.02mm; Resolution: 0.0005″/0.01mm, 1/128″
- Display: 1/2″x1 1/2″ (13mm x 38mm) extra large LCD
4. iGaging ABSOLUTE ORIGIN 0-6″ Digital Electronic Caliper with IP54 Protection and Extreme accuracy
The iGaging Origin digital caliper uses high accuracy absolute memory technology. Once set, it keeps track of its origin position. When the digital caliper is turned on, the lcd displays the actual sensor position and is ready to start measuring without having to reset to zero. The measuring speed is unlimited. Along with these it has a high quality surface finish for extra smooth slider movement.
It can output data to usb for which a usb cable has to be bought separately.
Comes with 2 years warranty. Requires 1x 3V CR2032 Battery (spare included). Battery life is around 2 years under normal operation.
- Unlimited measuring speed
- Resolution: 0.0005″/0.01mm
- Accuracy: 0.001″/0.02mm
- Range: 6″/150mm
- Protection rating: IP54 (Humidity, water and dust resistance )
- Made of hardened stainless steel, lapped finished
- Operating environment:temperature 0°c+40°c; relative humidity: 80%
- SPC Output with USB connection available
5. SE 784EC Digital Caliper in both SAE & Metric
The SE 784EC digital caliper is a perfect tool for precise measurements required by professional or hobbyist users.
In includes a large digital screen with clear display of measurements. Made of high quality stainless steel. Measurement ranges and resolution are pretty much standard as listed below.
Features of this product
- Extra-large digital screen
- Stainless steel construction
- Measures from .001” to 6” (0.01mm to 150mm)
- Resolution: 0.0005”/0.01mm
- Measures inner & outer
- Smooth thumb roller
- Step measuring surface
6. Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper
The Mitutoyo 500-196-30 digital caliper is another popular digital caliper very good reviews from customers. It has a measuring range of 0-6″ (0-150mm) with 0.0005″ (0.01mm) increments for precision. Along with that there is an advanced onsite sensor (AOS) electromagnetic inductive sensor for resistance to dirt, oil, and water.
Its digital readout LCD shows measurements in both inches or metric units and allows either absolute or incremental measurement readings. The electronic caliper measures inside, outside, depth, and step values. Comes with a protective case and SR44 silver oxide battery.
- Measures 0 to 6″ (0 to 150mm)
- Accuracy in 0.0005″ (0.01mm) increments for precision
- Digital readout LCD shows inch or metric units
- Advanced onsite sensor (AOS) electromagnetic inductive sensor for resistance to dirt, oil, and water
- Measures inside, outside, depth, and step values
- Includes protective case and SR44 silver oxide battery
7. 6 inch / 150mm Stainless Steel Electronic LCD Digital Vernier Caliper
This is a cheap yet useful digital caliper. Comes with a measuring range of 0-150 mm/0-6 inch and resolution of Resolution: 0.01Mm/0.0005 inches. Accuracy is around + 0.02 mm/0.001 in. (≪100 mm), + 0.03 mm/0.001 in. (≫100 – 150 mm)
Measuring speed is ≤ 1.5M/s and required power is 1 x 1.5V Lr44 (button cell) battery which is included.
The battery can run for about 1 year with continuous usage and upto 3 years under normal operations
Has linear capacitive measuring system which can measure accurately internal, external and height dimensions.
- With data holding, fast display, fast tracing maximum and minimum value during measurements
- Calibrates to zero, and can change from mm to inches with the touch of a button
- Zero setting in any position
- Includes extra battery and case
- Can be used for industrial work, hobby work, jewelry etc
8. Neiko 01408A Electronic Digital Caliper with Extra Large LCD Screen | 0 – 8 Inches
This is another very good quality digital caliper from Neiko and is amongst the best sellers. Supports three measuring modes including inch, fractions and millimeters. The measuring mode can be changed at the press of a button.
Measurement range is 0-8″/0-200mm with a resolutions of – 0.0005″ / 1/128″ / 0.01mm and Accuracy upto 0.001″ / 0.02mm. Made of finely polished stainless steel frame with knurled thumb roller and locking screw to ensure smooth sliding and accurate positioning when in use.
Versatile instrument that measures the inside, outside, depth and step with two sets of jaws and the probe. Easy to read, extra large lcd screen. Extra replacement LR44 battery along with one battery included and custom fit storage case included.
9. Vastar High Quality Electronic Digital Caliper with LCD Screen
This is a high quality accurate measurement digital caliper. Comes with an extra large digital lcd display. Both internal and outside measurements are accurate to .001 inches. Automatically turns off when not in use. Ideal for home or professional use. Machine-grooved thumb-roll mechanism and position lock for sure adjustment. Made of hardened stainless steel shaft with depth-measurement probe and precision ground jaws.
- Hardened stainless steel
- Precision lapping finish
- Range: 0-6 inch/150mm
- Accuracy: ±0.02mm/0.001″
- Repeatability: 0.0005″/0.01mm
- Resolution: 0.01mm/0.0005″
- Battery: two 1.5V, LR44 batteries
- The max Measuring Speed: 60″/sec, 1.5m/sec
- Large LCD screen in Inch / Metric conversion.
Package includeds – 1 x Vastar Digital Caliper + 1 x User Manual + 2 x LR44 Battery
The calipers comes with a 45 days money-back & 18-month warranty.
So now we have taken a look at the best electronic digital display calipers available in the market. With the above information you should be able to pick out the best one for your needs.
Measurement tasks require different levels of accuracy, so make sure to consider the accuracy levels of each caliper before buying one.
If you have any further questions about calipers, please use the comment box below.