Best inline skates
Whether you are into aggressive skating, speed skating, inline hockey skating, or you are simply trying to enjoy yourself as an amateur, choosing the perfect inline skates or rollerblades for your activity may not be an easy task.
A few points you may want to keep in mind are
- Are they durable enough?
- Do they offer maximum comfort to your feet?
- Does the wheel size and bearing give you utmost stability when skating?
- Are they expandable to different sizes?
- Do they have an easy-to-use, effective closure system?
The performance of inline skates will greatly depend on the wheels. For instance, polyurethane wheels offer longer service and are more durable compared to other plastic or rubber materials. Again, you would expect smaller wheels to perform better in terms of maneuverability, yet when you consider speed, large wheels tend to skate faster.
Below, we have composed a list of 8 best inline skates for 2016, with their key specs in order of their popularity and functionality. Amidst the myriad brands and non-brands in the market, this list will supply you with adequate information to help you decide which inline skate best fits your needs or your kiddies’ needs.
1. Roller Derby Boy’s Tracer Adjustable Inline Skate
Whether it is for your curious youngster who’s just starting out or your intermediate young skater with a dream of one day becoming the best, this inline skate by Roller Derby makes a great choice. An important offering is the fact that this skate apart from being built to last, offers maximum comfort to your child’s growing feet.
- Dual cam-lever buckle
- Push button adjustment
- Comfort washable padding
- Reinforced nylon frame
- Urethane speed formula wheels
- 608ZB Excellerator bearings
- Adjustable sizing, medium and small
An important feature consumers appreciate is the adjustability of this skate. Coupled with their extra durable structure, they can take your kid up two to three sizes depending on your purchase. The medium can be adjusted up three sizes while the small can be adjusted up two sizes with a simple push button mechanism.
The urethane constructed wheels and excellerator bearings are a great high performance features for this skate yet still offering stability and easy skating even on the outside terrain.
2. High Bounce Rollerblades Adjustable Inline Skate
The high bounce rollerblades made it as our second pick owing to the high sense of style and literally, high bounce wheels. Its super smooth gel wheels for any beginner are the kind that give an impressive first experience.
- Wide ranging adjustable sizes using simple push button mechanism: Small 12 – ABEC 5, Medium 2-5 ABEC 5, Large 6-9 ABEC 7
- Durable reinforced nylon frame
- Super smooth gel wheel construction
- Thick comfort padding on the inside to protect your feet
- Simple buckle closure system
High bounce rollerblades are uniquely designed with rubber wheels for that bouncy glide in addition to their sleek design. This skate comes in attention grabbing blue-black and pink-black versions for both sexes.
Speaking of construction, from the outside this skate is as sturdy and rugged as can be making them suitable for bumps and rough terrains. From the inside, they are softly and thickly to cushion your feet from even the slightest harm you may get from skating. Never mind speed, you can always make use of the back break stop.
3. Rollerblade Men’s Zetrablade 80 Skate
For the cautious beginner who’s keen on comfort and stability, the Rollerblade Men’s Zetrablade 80 skate is an ideal. It offers great ankle prop up and an easy to adjust lacing mechanism for that memorable skating start.
- 80mm outdoor wheels
- Recreational grade SG5 bearings
- Velcro strap and lace closure with cuff buckles
- High performance monocoque composite frame
- 5-star fit padding for maximum comfort
If you have always desired to skate but have never tried, this Men’s Zetrablade skate will make a good choice. Its design features 80mm wheels and SG5 bearing to offer an improved grip on your first skating experience.
Furthermore, you can count on its soft thick lining to keep your feet comfortable, cushioned, and sweat free at all times. The outer monocoque frame is sturdy enough if you are looking for longer service and durability.
4. K2 Skate Boy’s Raider Inline Skates
The Raider inline skate is a great buy as it is designed with comfort and stability in mind. It is a good choice for beginner skaters who are ready to brave rough terrain as it built to absorb vibration on such surfaces.
- F.B.I frame
- 70mm wheels
- Traditional lacing closure system
- Recreational grade ABEC 3bearing
- Adjustable up to five sizes up
- Stability plus cuff
Something unique about the K2 skating boots is its stability plus cuff which together with the traditional lacing, yields a good grip for easy maneuvering during skating.
Adjustability, particularly for this brand will last your young one five sizes up plus its robust design is sure to stand the test of years of use. F.B.I frame is especially preferred because it absorbs vibrations attributed to bumps and uneven terrains giving skaters more stability.
5. Roller Derby Boy’s Stinger 5.2 Adjustable Inline Skate
This inline skate is a rated high performance skate given its silver five speed rated bearings and comfort offering by the pull and tighten lace system.
- Adjustable sizing
- Polymer frame
- Polyurethane wheels
- Silver 5 speed rated bearings
- Molded cuff with EZ push button adjustment and comfort washable liner
- Cam lever buckle
- Pull and tighten lace system
The boy’s stinger 5.2 is similar to the tracer, both by Roller Derby, only that the stinger comes with silver 5 speed rated bearings while the latter is designed with excellerator bearings.
Most people have applauded its soft durometer rating, good for both in-house tile and outdoor rough concrete skating. Forget outgrowing these shoes as you can adjust them up, quick and simple, 12jr size to size 5.
6. Chicago Blazer Jr. Boys Adjustable Inline Skate
If you are looking for a good fit and that extra firm grip on your boy’s feet then this is the skate to go for. It may be relatively unpopular compared to the K2 and Rollerblade brands, but watch this space.
- Vented 2PC Outer Shell
- Adjustable up 4 sizes
- Semi Soft Boot w/Power Strap
- Quick Release Buckle
- 70mm,82a PUC Wheels with ABEC 3 Bearings
- Comes in 2 sizes: MD(1-4) and LG(5-8);
- Hook and Loop, Lace-up, Cam-lever Buckle closure system
- Nylon construction for the shoes and PVC construction for the frame.
- Cast urethane wheel construction
- 70mm, 82A PUC wheels with ABEC 3 bearing
An outstanding feature about the Blazer Boys JR inline skates is the power strap that won’t keep coming off as you adjust and fit the skates onto your kiddie’s feet. They hold perfectly well, to the end!
Combined with hook and loop lacing and buckle closure system, putting on and taking off the skate is as easy as you can imagine.
In addition, it is built to last so you don’t have to fret about skating outdoor for long hours. A good fit, durability, and comfort offering from this skate are just about all the qualities one would look out for in good inline skates.
7. Bladerunner PHOENIX – 4 Size Adjustable Junior Skate – Girls 2016
If you agree that honing the skating talent is far more important than worrying about your girls’ comfort and maneuverability in unbranded backstreet inline skates, you might consider choosing this powerful brand.
- Removable, Soft Padded Liners for comfort and easy clean
- 72mm 80A PUC wheels with AEBC 3 bearings
- Adjustable frame up four sizes
- Simple push button adjustment
- Ultra light urethane frame construction
- Comes in three sizes small: 11-1, medium: 1-4, Large: 5-8
The Bloodrunner Phoenix girls JR inline skates is perhaps one of the few inline skates that integrate the often overlooked lightweight detail into its product. For a beginner, nothing aids skill like a light, firm gripping, and comfortable pair of skates.
This skate is designed with an expandable upper shell for maximum support and an expandable liner to offer comfort to growing feet. Adjustment is as easy as pressing the push button to fit bigger size feet.
8. Bladerunner PHOENIX – 4 Size Adjustable Junior Skate 2016
More or less the same as the girl’s version, this inline skate is tough, thickly padded, and stable for the best rollerblade experience. Their 72mm wheels allows for a smooth glide outdoor and indoor while its softpad liners creates a remarkably comfortable feel on the feet.
- Soft, padded removable lining for easy clean
- 72mm 80A wheels with AEBC 3 bearing
- Tough composite frame material for durability
- Adjustable frame
You can expect a smooth glide and maximum comfort from this inline skate in addition to durability. Its tough composite frame gives it longer life as it serves your girl up her growing feet size.
Although, it is evident that K2 and Rollerblade brands have dominated the inline skate market, there are daring challengers that are revolutionizing this front with their innovative designs.
It is also important to note that times are fast changing. Inline skates are not what they were in the 80s when they first hit the market. Comfort and maneuverability have taken precedence and manufacturers are under increasing pressure to produce designs that fit these needs. Furthermore, the market has expanded to incorporate children because rollerblading has taken a bold new recreational dimension.
We will also mention that inline skates come in three other categories apart from the recreational skates. These include speed skates, characterized by large wheels to facilitate speed; hockey skates featured by medium yet protective wheels designed for the more dangerous activities; and aggressive stunt skates for advanced skating.