Best Paint Sprayers
Whether it is the painting experts or the DIY enthusiast, at the least some few factors stand out as common when it comes to painting. An even finish, speed, cost, and ease of use are among the factors that painters consider when buying a paint sprayer. Sprayers today are most preferred as they present all these advantages plus much more. They offer an incredibly faster application speed compared to brushes and rollers. Where flexibility is a priority, paint sprayers come in handy because they are easy on tight spots and dingy corners. Overall, sprayers give a better quality finish.
There are two main types of sprayers; airless sprayers and high-volume low-pressure (HVLP) sprayers. Airless sprayers as their name suggest, operate without air pressure, they are powered by electricity or gas. They use different combinations of tips, guns, hose, and pump for different tasks. These combinations depend a great deal on the thickness, type, and size of coating. A smaller tip does well for a thin stain coating while a larger one will be required for the thicker latex paint used mostly for exterior purposes. HVLP sprayers on the other hand use air pressure to atomize the desired finish.
Today we feature eight sprayers that have topped our list for their advantages in paint spraying.
1. HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
For the homeowner that desires a newer touch of paint for his cabinets and furniture, HomeRight Max fine finish sprayer presents the most suitable option. This one-pound light weight is designed for the small home projects and is quite popular among the DIY individuals.
- Modifiable spray nozzle
- Three-mode spray pattern – horizontal, vertical, and circular
- Brass designed needle and housing
- Small hand-held light weight of one pound
- Ease of use and maintenance
For that smooth even finish on furniture and cabinets, the HomeRight Max fine finish sprayer makes a good choice for the personal user. No more worries about brush marks or uneconomical use of paint. A single generous coat is sufficient for the desired finish.
You will only need one of these sprayers for your horizontal, vertical, or circular projects. Quite a cost-effective tool given the fair price you’ll purchase it at. In addition, the adjustable nozzle put’s you more in charge of that better finish on your different surfaces with paint, polyurethane, primer, clear sealer , varnish or stain .
Brass is a tough, durable material so the sprayer nozzle will keep you going for years if well taken care of.
Cleaning is as simple as filling its tank with water and spraying it off through the nozzle then tweaking out the nozzle and cleaning it separately.
Finally, if you a noiseless working environment then this is the sprayer for you. It is a silent when in operation as it is when not in use.
2. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
This airless sprayer goes beyond the simple, once-in-a while personal use to occasional medium size outdoor and indoor projects. It does perfect spraying for walls, ceilings, doors, decks, sidings, and fences. That it is light in weight makes it a good option for a painter who handles small to medium sized painting projects. One appealing X5 dimension is its heavy duty, stable stand that doesn’t budge during application.
- Easy pressure control knobs to control flow
- Can handle different sprays from thick latex, acrylics to the thinner stains
- Designed with a pushprime feature for better priming
- Compact yet light weight stand fitted with a single-hand handle
- Metal spray gun with in-handle filter
- 25-feet Graco DuraFlex hose
- RAC IV 515 airless spray tip
- 8-ounces Pump Armor storage fluid
- An Operational DVD and quick start-up guide
- Power flush cleaning adapter that easily connects to standard garden hose during cleaning.
The Magnum X5 stand Sprayer is a handier sprayer considering its stainless steel piston pump that enables you to draw from a 1 to 5 gallon of paint, through its long hose allowing for uninterrupted work. This makes it ideal for medium exterior and interior painting tasks.
To add to its versatility, this airless painter comes designed with an easy to use, adjustable pressure control and works well with several types of coatings excluding solvent-based lacquer, asphalt, and block filler for that improved performance.
Portability is quite easy with this light weight because it is fitted with a built-in single-hand grip.
3. Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer Station
If you desire to spray 8 gallons of unthinned latex spray on a wider surface in under one hour and with minimum effort then this is the sprayer to go for. The Wagner 0529021 Flexio HVLP Sprayer Station stands out as one of the most functional sprayer, integrated with an X-boost power box for safe storage of its 11ft air hose and iSpray nozzle.
- iSpray and detail finish nozzles
- 11.5ft hose
- X-boost power box for convenient storage of nozzle and hose
- Adjustable spray pattern, paint, and air flow right from the handle
- X-boost turbine producing a high 3psi pressure.
- Lock-n-Go feature that separates the nozzle and gun for ease of cleaning and operation.
- Integrated 1.5quart cup for the iSpray nozzle and 20ounce fluid cup for the detailed finish nozzle.
This HVLP paint sprayer station offers the greatest flexibility. Its integrated power box for storage makes it very convenient to move around with especially for the outdoor painter.
Traditional power stations with similar capacity typically produce noise during operation, but given its power and efficiency, this Wagner sprayer station is half as noisy.
Where speed or a finer pattern is a priority, its two nozzles come in handy. The iSpray nozzle is designed to coat a broader surface in a shorter time while the detailed finish nozzle is ideal for much smaller projects needing a fine finish.
4. Wagner 0529010 Flexio 590 Indoor/Outdoor Hand-held Sprayer Kit
The Wagner Flexio 590 hand-held sprayer kit has more or less the same features as the Flexio 890 except that its iSpray nozzle comer with increased utility to cover horizontal, vertical, wide and narrow spray patterns. It’s an ideal both for small projects with fine finish requirements and bigger projects requiring a speedier unthinned spray painting.
- iSpray nozzle and detailed finish nozzles
- Adjustable iSpray nozzle for horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow spray patterns
- Strong X-boost power box for safe storage of hose and nozzles
- X-boost turbine with nine coating and precision control keys
- Lock-n-Go split design for the gun
- Wide and narrow spray width lever
- 20 fluid oz. cup for the detailed finish nozzle
For a desired roller-like interior finish and that finer small project finish, the Wagner flexio 590 sprayer presents the best solution. This hand-held light weight is easily controlled from its power dial that’s conveniently located at the top of the gun and offers several spraying options to the user.
Its two nozzles offer versatility for varying projects. While the iSpray nozzle achieves quality interior finish with unthinned paints, the detail finish nozzle provides a variety of fine finish patterns for smaller projects.
Operation is easy. Simply adjust the X-boost power dial to a minimum of 3psi for transparent and semi transparent paints, 4-7 psi for solid and latex paints, and a maximum of 7psi for thicker latex paints and primers.
Overall, the flexio 590 has the advantage of a neat and time-saving finish on broad, edged, and corner surfaces.
5. Wagner 0518050 Control Spray Double Duty Paint Sprayer
Just as its name suggests, the Wagner double duty paint sprayer as compared to the previous sprayers, handles medium sized to large projects although it is light in weight. It comes integrated with a larger up to 1.5 quart cup for its spray nozzle. Perhaps a unique feature that draws painters to it is that it designed with HVLP technology giving it an ability to produce three different types of spray patterns within a range of one to ten inches.
- Lock-n-go design
- Three spray patterns; vertical, horizontal, and round fans.
- Sprays a variety of light coatings like stains, sealers, urethanes, lacquers and varnishes.
- 1inch – 1.5inch cup for its nozzle
- Adjustable flow nozzle for better control of material flow
- Replaceable filters
- Two-step spark-arrested turbine for safety from flames
This HVLP is powered with a turbine that ensures a non-stop flow of paint and air for that quality finish. Its versatility is a feature that cannot be overlooked. Its air cup can be adjusted to three different positions to produce vertical, horizontal, and round patterns onto cabinets, furniture, and surfaces both indoor and outdoor.
Speed has never ceased to be an important factor where large projects are concerned and the Wagner Double Duty paint sprayer is designed with this in mind yet still giving the painter full control of the flow of coating on a surface.
Ease of cleaning and setting up are added advantages that this paint sprayer has to offer.
6. Wagner 0417005 Control Spray HVLP Sprayer
This small hand-held HVLP powered sprayer ideal for small personal projects makes a prefect homeowner’s spraying companion. It is designed for lighter materials like varnish, stains, and lacquers used on furniture, decks, and cabinets.
- 3-position air cup for round, horizontal and vertical results
- Lock-n-Go design
- high-speed turbine
- 1 quart plastic cup and Viscosity cup
- Spray nozzle with varying trigger of between 0.5 and 6 inch width.
The simple-task homeowner often prefers an easy to use sprayer that will still give as fine a finish as that of a professional and the Wagner 0417005 HVLP Sprayer makes the most suitable choice.
It comes specially integrated with an outdoor turbine that allows for an unbroken flow of both the coating material and air to give a fine finish. Its three-position air cup coupled with its variable trigger makes it functional for several purposes.
It’s simple set-up and cleaning process is a definite plus for anyone opting to acquire it. The small size project outdoor painter will certainly love this paint sprayer.
7. Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
For both large and medium projects requiring an even finish on varying surfaces, this is the sprayer to use. It comes designed with two air filters that protect the fine finish by trapping dust and other particles.
- Light weight yet compact design
- High grade metal cup for small projects with fine finish requirements
- 3-position air cup for round, horizontal and vertical results
- Spray nozzle with varying trigger of between 1 and 10 inches, for control of air and coating material
- High flex air hose – 20ft for ease of large area coverage
- Two-step turbine that sprays both thick and thin material
- Fitted with 1 quart contractor-grade viscosity cup and 1 to 1.5plastic cup.
- Metal spray gun
The Wagner Max HVLP Sprayer makes a suitable choice for use with materials with varying densities. It comes with a viscosity cup to measure the weight of the coating material allowing you to adjust the spray pattern accordingly.
This sprayer has the capacity to spray a wide density range of material hence can be used for different paints like the thinner lacquer, stains or primers, as well as thicker ones like late paint.
Its varying pressure control helps minimize overspray for thin paints.
For a project involving alternation from larger surfaces to the smaller more detailed ones, this sprayer comes in handy as it is designed with adaptable flow control in mind to make it easy to switch the different tasks easily.
Furthermore, setting-up, adjusting the spray nozzle, and cleaning are quick non-complicated tasks making it easy to operate this sprayer.
8. Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
The Neiko HVLP Gravity Feed air sprayer presents a heavy duty high performance, air pressure tool suitable for the more frequent painting projects. This sprayer is not only useful for homeowners but also for automotive painters.
- An all-metal heavy duty construction
- Steel gun body
- 1.7mm stainless steel nozzle
- 3 position brass cup for round, horizontal and vertical spray patterns
- Metal air pressure regulator of between 10 and 40psi
This tough and durable paint sprayer gives an exceptional fine finish whether for the house interior or motor body. It is versatile because it can be used for different spray patterns with varying coatings such as metallic base coat and primer.
Paint sprayers have today become a necessity for just any painting task because of the numerous advantages they offer compared to traditional brushes and rollers. The sprayer to be used will depend on the size of the task, the coating to be applied, and the work surface among other factors.
For safety’s sake, it advisable first to go through the manual to know how to operate any given sprayer and second to always put on safety gear for the physical protection of your body while working.
To select a suitable paint sprayer for your designated task, you will need to consider the size of your project, the coating, as well as other important issues like safety, maintenance, and cost. Other things to keep in mind are whether you are acquiring a sprayer for an infrequent or continuous project.