You would always want to carry the best binoculars on trips, vacations to places that have natural landscapes. Or if you are a wildlife enthusiast who want to spend time in dense forests gazing at birds and other animals, or move along rivers in a boat. Binoculars are essential tools for outdoor adventures.
Binoculars come in great varieties. The size is different and so is the magnification power. The more powerful ones would let you watch more distant objects clearly. If you plan to buy a binocular, there are a couple of other features to evaluate. Is it waterproof, fogproof and can it be used in wet
climatic conditions. Some binoculars can be even immersed under water and they are designed to do so.
Binoculars have different view angles. Some allow you to view only a narrow portion of whatever is ahead while others can give a really wide view of things from left to right. If you are gazing mountains and large natural landscapes, get one with with a wide view angle.
Whether you want to go bird watching, fishing or hunting, get a pair of binoculars and enjoy your outdoor activities. Most of the binoculars perform well in several light conditions.
As there are so many binoculars on the market from different manufacturers, buying a pair of binoculars is not that simple anymore. We have listed the top eight binoculars that you can buy and the features that make them stand out.
1. Polaris Optics Spectator 8X32 Compact Bird Watching Binoculars
The Polaris Optics binoculars are perfect for people on the go. The binoculars are lightweight, durable, compact and ideal for watching birds.
- Wide views
- Bright and clear
- Powerful magnification
- Ergo comfort
- Non-slip grip
- Life warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee
- Weighs 0.95 pounds
- Neck strap
- Nylon mesh carrying case
- Tripod adaptable
- Can easily slip into your pockets – perfect for people on the go
- 32mm objective lens diameter
- Twist-up eye cups
- Center focus system
- Fully multi-coated lens
- 6.9 degrees field angle
- Eyepiece and lens protection covers
- 356 feet field of view
Delivering great detail from as far as 1000 yards away, the Polaris’ crystal clear focus technology allows it to go from wide view to the sharpest focus. The binoculars give great HD detail and can be powerfully magnified 8 times.
The binoculars are built for convenience. They easily slip into the pockets and have a non-slip grip that allows you to carry them anywhere, anytime. They come with a neck strap that allows you quick and easy access to them.
The eyepiece and lens protection cover helps to protect against unwanted scrapes and scratches. The lens are fully multi-coated. Comes with a lifetime warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
If you want to go watch birds, outdoor sports or concerts, get yourself the ergo comfort binoculars and take them with you.
2. Bushnell 138005 H2O Waterproof/Fogproof Compact Roof Prism Binocular
The Bushnell binoculars are compact and designed for water and wet atmosphere conditions. The binoculars are 100% waterproof and even if you splash or soak them, they will emerge 100% fog free and remain dry inside.
- 100% waterproof – O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged
- Non-slip rubber armor provides firm grip
- Bak-4 prisms for bright, crisp, and clear view
- Multi-coated lens
- Non-slip rubber armor
- Soft texture grip
- 8x magnification
- Twist up eyecups
- Limited lifetime warranty
- 25 mm objective lens diameter
- Large center-focus knob
- Compact folding body
The Bushnell binoculars have a non-slip rubber design that absorbs shock and provide a firm grip. The small and convenient binoculars have a compact folding body that allows you to take them anywhere, anytime.
The binoculars come with multi-coated lens for perfect light transmission. The BaK-4 prisms offer bright, clear and crisp viewing. The view can be magnified 8 times and have a 25mm objective diameter. It is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for a reliable and moisture-free performance.
Adjustments are easy using the large center-focus knob. This binocular provides longer eye relief and twist-up eyecups. Weighs only 0.75 pounds and comes with limited lifetime warranty.
3. Vortex Optics New 2016 Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
The Vortex Diamondback binoculars were completely redesigned to become the New 2016 Diamondback. The binoculars’ functionality, look and optical system have been improved.
- Fully multi-coated and dielectric coating lenses for increased light transmission
- Lightweight and rigid magnesium chassis
- Smaller hinges for easier handling
- Roof prisms binoculars with phase correction coating
- O-ring sealed and Argon gas purged
- 10X magnification
- 42mm objective lens diameter
- 15mm eye relief and 4.2mm exit pupil
- Weighs 1.34 pounds
The New Diamondback’s sleek design features clean lines and a shorter hinge that allows more space and easier handling. Its made of lightweight and magnesium chassis that reduced the weight of the original Diamondback binoculars by almost 3 ounces. The binoculars weigh 1.34 pounds.
The Diamondback’s new and enhanced optical features include dielectric fully multi-coated lenses for increased light transmission and stunning views. They also feature 42mm objective lens diameter, 10x magnification and 15mm eye relief.
The Diamondback is O-ring sealed and Argon gas purged in order to prevent fogging, moisture and scrape that can penetrate the binoculars. The roof prism with phase correction coating allow enhanced resolution and contrast.
4. Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter
The Celestron binoculars are perfect for someone with a limited budget and are perfect for bird watching, stargazing and other recreational uses.
- Tripod adapter
- Multi coated optics
- Large aperture for low light conditions
- 13 mm long eye relief for eye glass wearers
- Diopter adjustment
- BaK-4 prisms
- Lightweight and can be supported by hand
- Weighs 3.28 pounds
The Celestron binoculars have a large aperture making them ideal for low light conditions, astronomical viewing or viewing over long distances. The binoculars feature BaK-4 prisms and multi coated optics for brighter and better images.
The binoculars are ideal for people who wear glasses. Their eye relief distance is 13mm. The binoculars are lightweight and can be carried by hand although they have to be mounted on a sturdy photo tripod if they will be used for long.
The center focusing mechanism works well and has no backlash or wobble. Overall, it provides good value for money.
5. Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fogproof Roof Prism Binocular
The Bushnell binoculars are 100% waterproof and feature powerful bright optics. They have a 42mm objective diameter and 12-foot close focus distance. They have twist-up eyecups and a limited lifetime warranty.
- 100% waterproof, O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for fog-free performance
- Quality optics with quality HD quality
- Durable and beautiful
- Made with quality materials
- BaK-4 prisms and multi-coated optics for improved light transmission
- Non-slip armor and soft texture grip for a firm grip
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective diameter
- Twist-up eye cups
- Large center-focus knob for easy adjustments
- 17mm eye relief and 12-foot close focus distance
- Limited lifetime warranty
The binoculars are O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for complete waterproof and fog-proof protection. They can be immersed in water and still remain dry inside.
They have BaK-4 prisms for bright, clear and crisp viewing. The multi-coated optics provide superior and improved light transmission creating views with great HD clarity. A large center-focus knob makes adjustments easy.
It come with non-slip rubber armor and soft texture grip that absorbs shock and give a firm grip. The binoculars can be magnified upto 10 times. They have a longer eye relief ideal for people who wear glasses.
6. Polaris Optics WideViews 8X42 HD Professional Bird Watching Binoculars.
This binocular provides a 430 foot extra wide field of view and is great for almost any kind of outdoor activity including bird watching, boating or mountain climbing. the Polaris binoculars come with a 30-day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty.
- Designed for bird watching
- Compact, ergonomic and durable
- Waterproof and fogproof to suit any weather conditions
- Multi-coated lenses and phase correction coated high index prisms for quality images
- Close focus for seeing the finest details
- 430-foot extra-wide field of view
- Professional HD performance
- Comfortable and non-slip grip
- Neck strap for quick access to your binoculars
- Nylon mesh carrying case
- 30-day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty
- 42mm objective lens diameter
- Weighs 1.63 pounds
The compact binoculars are built with durable aluminum. They have a no-slip ergonomic grip that gives you comfort when using them. Comes with a nylon mesh carrying case to keep it safe. The eyepiece and lens protection covers protects them against scratches and scrapes.
The binoculars are filled with nitrogen and have a sealed body which makes them suitable for any weather conditions. They have an extra-wide field of view and they also allow to focus on your target from as far as 1000 yards.
The fully multi-coated optics enhance light transmission and the high-index prisms allow you to view images with high quality sharpness and contrast. The neck strap provides you easy access to your binoculars when on the go. The close focus feature makes distant objects appear very close.
7. Olympus 118760 Trooper 10×50 DPS I Binocular (Black)
The Olympus Trooper is great for sports enthusiasts. It can track fast moving objects due to its easily focused wide-angle perspective. The UV ray protection feature protects you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Wide-angle field of view
- Anti-reflective lens coating
- UV protection for eye protection against the sun’s rays
- Large center-focus knob for easy adjusting
- Aspherical optics for a distortion-free view
- 10x magnification
- Rugged and high quality finish
- Ideal for both low-light and daylight viewing
- Bak-7 lens system
- Weighs 1.88 pounds
The binoculars have a 5mm exit pupil, making them ideal for use in both low-light and daylight viewing conditions. The large lenses produce superior quality views. The anti-reflective lens coating enhances the view brightness and clarity.
The binoculars can be quickly and easily focused using the large center focus knob. The built-in dioptric correction can easily adjust to your eyesight. It has a rugged, durable and high quality finish with a firm-grip rubber coating.
The simpler Porro Prism design is light efficient and produces 3-D images with a good depth of field. They offer the BaK-7 system for sharp and clear viewing. They can be magnified 10 times and the aspherical optics offer a distortion-free view.
8. Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 10×50 Binocular (Black)
With a lightweight and ergonomic design, the multi-purpose Nikon binoculars are ideal for those looking for quality optics at an affordable price.
- Lightweight and excellent ergonomics
- Rubber-armored coating for non-slip grip
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups for comfortable viewing
- Smooth central focus knob for easy adjustment
- Spherical multicoated eco-glass lenses for clear images
- 341-foot field of view and 5mm exit pupil diameter
The Nikon’s turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make viewing comfortable after even after long and extended periods of use. The binoculars are simple to operate due to the smooth central focus knob that can be easily adjusted.
It has a 5mm exit pupil diameter, 341-foot field of view and a large 50mm objective lens diameter. Weigh around 2.79 pounds. The binoculars are made to last and can perform well in several conditions. Their lightweight design allows them to be carried easily.
The spherical multicoated eco-glass lenses allows you to see clear and bright images in various lighting conditions. They are built with a durable rubber-armored coating that gives you non-slip grip even in wet conditions.
If you are planning to buy a nice binocular for your next outdoor trip, make sure to choose the one that has the necessary features for the task. If you need to view far and large areas, a binocular with higher magnification level and wider view angle would be better, though it might be expensive.
If you plan to visit some wildlife zone, in dense jungles, binoculars with average magnification levels would suffice. View clarity in various light conditions is another aspect of this tool. Depending on the climatic condition, the binoculars can perform differently.
With all that information, we hope that you should be able to choose the best one for yourself. Use the comment box below to post any of your queries or feedback.