Best snorkel gear and mask
Snorkeling is a fun activity to do specially if you live around the coastal area. The idea of swimming under water is so cool among kids and teenagers. For wildlife enthusiasts and photographers, they get to experience underwater vegetation and sea creatures.
For the best snorkeling experience, you need to be equipped with the right gear and mask. The best gears should make it easy for you to breathe through your mouth and nose. They should provide a clear, wide field of view, and be safe to use.
In our review, we discuss about some of the best snorkel gear and mask including features that users rated top.
1. Tribord Easybreath Snorkeling Mask
As the name suggests, Tribord Easybreath Snorkeling Mask makes it easy to breathe naturally through your nose and mouth. In addition, it employs an exclusive breathe ventilation system to prevent fogging because fog can easily blur vision under water and this is not advisable particularly for children and beginners.
- Full face mask for natural breathing through the nose and mouth
- Has an exclusive breathe ventilation concept to prevent fogging
- Visible snorkel top that can be seen from far
- 180 degrees full view vision
- Shatterproof polycarbonate window for added safety
- Comes in different sizes: XS for children, S/M for women and teenagers, ML for men L/XL for men with long faces
The Tribord Easybreath Snorkeling Mask is the ideal gear for the family as it comes in different sizes for both men and women and comes with a special size for men with a long face. It’s easy to breathe design makes it suitable for beginners with little or no snorkeling experience in addition to its ventilation concept which prevents fogging giving you a clear view of your surroundings.
What’s more, you get to enjoy a full 180 degree view without having to keep turning your head to the sides. Safety features include a shatterproof window and a visible snorkel top that can be seen from a distance to avoid collisions.
2. Seaview 180° GoPro Compatible Snorkel Mask – Panoramic Full Face Design
Seaview 180° GoPro Compatible Snorkel Mask provides goes beyond mere snorkeling to let you capture the moments effortlessly with an integrated GoPro mount to which you will attach your GoPro camera. It comes with a larger viewing area compared to ordinary gears.
- Full face design to breathe through your nose and mouth
- 180 degrees view integrated with GoPro mount to attach your GoPro camera and share your adventure
- Dry snorkel technology that stops salt water from getting into your mouth and gagging
- Anti-fog design
- Easy and exciting to use as you learn to snorkel with your head under water
- Its tubeless design prevents gag reflex
This mask’s unique feature is its tubeless design that prevents gag reflex for easy full time breathing with nothing to block the airways. It has a clear 180 degrees field of view with an anti-fog design so you have an end-to end view without fog destruction. Photographers will certainly love this mask as its GoPro mount device allows them to attach their GoPro cameras to capture underwater moments.
This mask incorporates the latest dry snorkel technology that prevents salty water from entering the mask or breathing tube. If you are a photographer or you simply want to capture your snorkeling experience and share with your friends and family, Seaview 180° GoPro Compatible Snorkel Mask is the gear for you.
3. Octobermoon Second Generation 180° Full view Panoramic Snorkel Mask-Full Face snorkeling Design
The Octobermoon Second Generation 180° Full view Panoramic Snorkel Mask makes a great pick if you are looking for an adjustable mask with a full face design for easy natural breathing.
- It is very adjustable and can fit all head sizes.
- Provides a wide view area, 180 degrees
- Full face design enabled you to breathe through the nose and mouth.
- Anti-fog and anti-leak technology
Its enhanced view technology guarantees a clear image of the water world. You will not have to worry about water leaks especially if you are snorkeling in salty water because it comes with an anti-leak technology to prevent water from entering your mask. With its full face design, you can comfortably breathe through your mouth or nose.
Octobermoon Second Generation Snorkel mask makes an ideal family gear as it can be adjusted accordingly to be shared among friends or family members with different face sizes. It is easy to use and its breathe design is appropriate for beginners and children who are just snorkeling for fun.
4. Seavenger Adult and Junior Diving Snorkel Set
The Adult and Junior Diving Snorkel Set by Seavenger has been built to take your water experience to the next level. It incorporates an excellent versatile design with its detachable trek fin that can be used for body boarding as well.
- Dry top snorkel
- Trek fin ideal for snorkeling. It is strong enough to also be used as a body boarding fin
- Single lens mask for panoramic view
- Has a gear bag to fit and carry your snorkel kit in
Its trek fin makes it the most preferred gear for body boarders as well. In addition, it comes with a compact, fast-drying mesh bag that fits the snorkel kit so that you can easily move around with your gear. Again, its mask is integrated with a single lens for an enhanced clear view. It comes in two sets; junior and adult.
Seavenger Adult and Junior Diving Snorkel Set is appreciated among divers for utmost comfort since its dry top prevents water from entering the mask. This is the gear to go for when you do not need separate kits for diving and body boarding.
5. Phantom Aquatics Adult Speed Sport Mask Fin Snorkel Set
For the professional snorkeling sportsman, Phantom Aquatics Adult Speed Sport Mask Fin Snorkel Set makes the best option. It is preferred for its efficiency and requires less effort to use.
- Twice the speed with half the effort
- Open heel snorkeling fin with adjustable strap
- Liquid silicone skirt for water tight seal
- Dry snorkel valve that prevents water from entering the mask
Phantom Aquatics Adult Speed Sport Mask Fin Snorkel Set is popular for snorkeling as a sport. It is a high speed sporting gear that requires little effort from the user. With water tight liquid silicone seal and a dry valve to prevent water from entering the mask, this mask makes you breathe easily and comfortably during snorkeling.
It comes with an open heel snorkeling fin with an adjustable strap to enhance the fin’s functionality.
6. Vaincre 180° View Snorkel Mask Full Face Design Snorkeling – anti-fog and anti-leak Technology
Vaincre 180° View Snorkel Mask has a full face design and a 180 degrees clear field of view making your snorkeling experience a lot better and your breathing easier compared to other ordinary gears.
- Comfortable on your face and easy to adjust size
- Full face design hence one can breathe through the nose or mouth
- 180 degrees view
- Anti-fog and anti-leak technology
If leaks and a wet face keep ruining your snorkeling experience, it is time to change to an improved mask. This Vaincre Snorkel Mask makes it easy to breathe through the nose and mouth. It is comfortable on face and easy to adjust size.
It has anti-fog technology and 180 degrees field of view enhancing the clarity of the water world. Its anti-leak technology prevents water from seeping in to your face. It is recommended for beginners and children, as it is quite easy to use.
7. Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Free diving Mask Snorkel Set
Finally, something for the hunters too. The Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Free diving Mask Snorkel Set is the most preferred gear for hunters and photographers. It’s light weight design is an appreciable feature.
- Dry top eliminates water entry into the mask.
- Soft silicone mouth piece and flex tub
- Easy to fold and fits in your pocket; perfect back up mask
- Light weight
- Ideal for hunters and photographers
Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Free diving Mask Snorkel is mostly used by hunters and photographers. It has a no-frame design while still integrating a soft silicone mouthpiece and a flex tub for comfortable breathing. This design reduces its weight too. Its dry top prevents water from seeping into the mask when submerged.
Finally, Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Free diving Mask Snorkel can be used as a backup mask.
8. Easy Snorkel Mask-Full Face 180° View with Anti-fog and Anti-leak Technology
Easy Snorkel Mask-Full Face 180° View is definitely one of the best snorkel gears for a perfect family snorkeling expedition. It makes an ideal for both children and adults because its features allow for easy comfortable breathing while preventing water from leaking into the face.
- Anti-fog design
- 2nd generation dry snorkel technology stops water from entering the mask and breath tube
- Easy to use; appropriate for both experts and beginners
- 180 degrees full view design
- Full face design allowing you to breathe through your nose and mouth
- Tubeless design that prevents gag reflex
- No mouthpiece
Easy Snorkel Mask has a dry snorkel top that prevents water from entering the mask. It design focuses on giving you an easy time and takes your mind off unnecessary worries. It allows you to breathe through your mouth or nose given its full face design. It gives a wide view field clear of any fogging.
You don’t have to worry about gag reflex as it comes with a tubeless design to prevent just this. It features no mouth piece making it easy to use and perfect for beginners.
Before you engage in any water based activities, you need to be a good swimmer. Regardless of how good a gear is, it will not save you from drowning. It is also good to practice using your gear before going out to swim. Make sure it fits perfectly, is comfortable on you, and you can easily adjust its size.
If you are getting a mask that cannot be adjusted, you need to get the right size for your face. Be keen to look out for any defects. Read and understand the user guide to be on the safe side. If all is well with you and your gear, an awesome snorkeling experience awaits you.